Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rode 4 miles Friday and 5 this morning

I feel like a slug for sitting all weekend reading, but it was cold and icky outside and I had no ambition to cook or clean.    I have a new SF author I like.  Sarah Hoyt.   So lucky for me that she has been recommended on the HQ book threads, the Amazon book intros did not read like something I would enjoy but I'm totally liking her Shifter series and based on how she writes her characters I think I'll like anything she has written.  The only problem is I've binge read both of the first two shifter books so I feel I need to avoid starting a book of hers unless I'll have a full snowy winter day to just sit and read it. 

Monday it got nice but the day started cold so I did not ride, just came into work slightly early.  I did force myself to go out in the afternoon and jog 1.5 or so miles.  I enjoyed the jogging and my knees and legs generally are not feeling too creaky today so maybe I'll be able to continue 2 or 3 times a week this spring.    I read something about focusing on exhaling when you exercise (on WUWT blog of all places) a few months ago and it really works.  I'm not getting winded with this jogging like I have in the past, still taking plenty of walk breaks but none because I'm gasping for breath.

Reading another historical Roman fiction.  Children of Apollo (eagles and dragons) I enjoyed the first part, but then the author veered into talking about 'the gods' directly vs just the main characters' beliefs in them and this has dampened my interest.  Plus its gone from the young tribune leading his patrol and fighting in a battle to getting called back to Rome and the boring part of him and his wife to be falling in love with each other at first sight, Venus is totally smiling on them yada yada. 

No comments: