Friday, March 14, 2014

DST afternoon blues or early spring allergies?

I have been feeling tired every afternoon this week and also stuffy.  I've been avoiding dragging my fat ass outside to jog because of the possibly sinus issues.  At least that is the rationale I'm using.   I should substitute walking and see how it goes but I've had a couple instances of regressing backwards trying to exercise too soon after being sick and I get OCD about avoiding sinus infections because the last two dragged on and on.   And the OCD has worked,  I've only gotten two infections in something like the last 10 years where I used to get one every year. 

I did ride Sadie Thursday and L came out and we rode today.  Somewhat shortened rides.  3.6 miles yesterday and crossed the irrigation ditch.   I got off and led Sadie across and then when she wanted to cross back over rather than go the much longer route I had thought about doing and just crossing back on the road over the culvert, I went "eh running late this morning, and extra water practice works"  Sadie started to go down at a spot we've crossed before but the soft mud scared her so she did a rollback back onto the dirt road next to the ditch.  Then we went to the spot I had led her across and she wavered just a bit and walked down and into the 3 inch deep water.   Stopped, got a horse cookie, walked across, psyched herself up for just a second and came up the bank on that side.

Today we just went 4 miles and didn't cross the ditch or anything.   I should have gone to the PO, but was running a bit late if we had had our normal daily mini-meeting --which didn't happen anyway -- sigh.   Oh well,  it will work to send the registered letter on Monday to the dammed Multi-Level-Marketing outfit demanding to cancel as a member.   I have the letter I wrote two months ago to cancel that to go along with the form they want to cancel the auto-ship sending something every month.   I did not have that form in PDF, apparently I only printed it directly from their web so I tried to find it again vs crossing out dates a second time and after finally tracking it down and turning off pop-up blocker on my browser I got a page not found error.    I was steaming mad and wrote a nastygram letter demanding they cancel me; letting them know the liquid vitamins taste disgusting,  what I think their cell water consists of,  that I would have just stuck with the green coffee extract if they didn't gouge so badly for shipping but that their greediness there sealed me being DONE with them and if I have to go to state agencies and making arrangements with my bank to block payments I would be merciless.      So I stuck both the polite letter and the "eff you" nasty gram in the same envelope.   Perhaps it will scare them straight even better thinking I am psycho.

  Actually I have this mental image that I will get the letter back as undeliverable and will have to call them again and tell them they signed me up with only a few mouse clicks and they better cancel me w/o demanding written notice since they are using a fake address or I will go to state agencies in a merciless mode.   But they did at least pause my autoship for two months like the customer rep said he would do so I think they will cancel me rather than have me turn to the government.   Since I didn't mail it yet I suppose I should give my friend a heads up,  I've been being cowardly and have avoided telling her I think she is involved with a pyramid scheme and that I'm opting out. 


No comments: