Monday, March 10, 2014

Rode Sat,Sunday and this morning.

Apparently it was after midnight on the blog's clock when I posted my Sat ride hurray.   L came out on Sunday about 11am and we rode about 5.5 miles with some good cantering.   Then I had a beer and some late lunch and went out to clean pens.   I turned all the big horse into the pasture part and shut the gate behind them so I could leave the pen gate open.

I didn't count took around a dozen tractor buckets out of Sadie's pen she shares with Razz and Lady.  Had to take a hydration break after a couple hours and then got back to it.   I still had an hour of daylight left but was tired so I quit working on that project.  I'm bummed that I didn't get to Shade and Grey's pen, but I will just avoid feeding them in the really squelch spot, must call dad and tell him also not to feed them there for a while and that the hay in the one cart should not be fed to Sadie.  It is dusty and I'm not going to risk it being mold dust and kicking up her skin allergies.

As I was cleaning there was a family stopped on the road,  mom was in in the car and dad and cute wee little girl had walked over to the pasture fence.  The big horses were all in "stranger danger" mode and stayed on the other side of the pasture.  Dad and little girl walk up to Grey and Shade's pen and Mia runs out to bark at them,  stops barking and wags tail when she sees its just a kid and dad but she also hung back about 30 feet from the fence and would not go up to say hi and I don't know what Ole's deal was but he just stayed in the yard chewing on one of his scavenge bones he drags home, I was surprised that he did not go running up to get attention.

Finally they came west up to where Diamond's pen is and Diamond played farm ambassador, coming to the corral fence to see if they'd feed him some grass or something and letting the dad scratch his face.  I was still going nine oh with the tractor at the time and did not watch to see if the little girl got brave enough to pet him too or not, but I was glad Diamond is so friendly.

Sunday after I came in from the outdoor cleaning I ran a couple loads of laundry and cooked up the drumsticks I'd taken out to thaw along with taters and carrots in my pressure cooker while heating up some 'buffalo sauce'   I need to buy some Reds hot sauce for future or maybe just buy completed buffalo sauce.  All we had was some 'Wyoming Habernaro hot sauce'.   It didn't have enough vinegar or something to give a good tang on the tongue stirred in with the butter and honey that a helpful soul on the HQ had recommended.  It was OK, just not quite what I wanted.   I brushed that on the drums and broiled them a couple minutes, turned and a couple more minutes.

  Cleaning up was more time and work than the cooking had been, next time I'll have to spray some 'Pam' on the broiler rack; but I do love how quickly I can get a meal done with that cooker.  These drums were over two years old and there is a bunch more chicken in the freezer that is at two years old so I think I'll want to cook it all with some sort of buffalo sauce.  It wasn't tasty organic chicken to start with.  That's the other great thing with the pressure cooker,  I wasn't smelling that poultry odor while I steamed the drums.

Its supposed to snow all day tomorrow and L must be craving vitamin H so she came out and we rode again this morning.   She had invited B to join us on his paint mare.  Other than dragging with the   DST clock shift stealing an hour it was pretty fun. 

No comments: