Thursday, September 29, 2011

I put down a deposit for a saddle today

Doing my part to stimulate the economy. No, its more like "buy something that will last before we get Zimbabwe style inflation" I am no economist, I actually expected inflation would have hit a year earlier and be bigger than what we've gotten so far. Lucky for me as I just have not gotten my act together to do anything with my land in WY. I get dismayed that I was so naive and bought a lot that didn't have a decent building and driveway, vehicle parking and turn around or loop around spot.

Mom is out of the hospital. Still coughing some but it doesn't sound nearly as nasty as it did last week so they made some progress. I just hope she can recover all the way. I'm not particularly hopeful of that actually, but hopefully she at least gets back to her normal for the last few years.

I think the saddle will be a good investment. I am impressed with the level of detail they want for both rider measurements and I had to make a cast of Sadie's back. I'll have to check in with them and see if they want to send the cast back and have me redo it since we didn't take pictures of the cast on the horse's back. I have decided not to get my trainers special model she developed. She came up with a cavalry/endurance saddle hybrid with split seat in front and then a 1/2 seat that is the more typical padded saddle seat. I maybe just needed a bigger size but my butt was hitting the edges of the seat, she had an older model endurance saddle that I also tried and it was pretty comfortable me with perhaps a bit too narrow (or high) of a twist that I got used to pretty quickly and didn't notice after riding in it for 10 minutes. I found out from the saddle maker that they can put the 3 point rigging on the older saddle model. As long as one of the trees they typically build that saddle on fits Sadie's back I think its a safer option to make sure I love the saddle as well. When I was in my 20's I might have figured I would adjust to or live with a saddle that felt uncomfortable to me if the horse liked it. Now I figure it should be possible for us both to be pretty happy.

1 comment:

Gerrick said...

Good to hear your mom is out of the hospital.

As far as the saddle goes, at least you will have a comfy seat on your zimbabwe-car.