Tuesday, February 24, 2009

spinning too fast

Crappy title, too bad.

I rode in my new saddle today. It worked the saddle pad forward, gulp. I should have tried it with the hard pommel insert first. I'm really not wanting to take out my sewing to try the hard pommel and then decide I want the soft pommel. Next ride I'll try a fleece pad. I think it may be a good thing that the pommel apparently moves with the shoulder action if its not working the pad around tugging on Shades hair all the while -and if it does not come down on her withers -- But a minor eek feeling right now.

I am done with acting like Ole is partly my dog. He ran off AGAIN this morning while I was doing chores. I was so mortified when I saw him in the gals yard and then she apparently wasn't home, didn't respond to doorbell or knock so I just took Ole. Had to drag him through her driveway gate. So thats it. Ole will be staying in the house yard. No more getting to be roam the full farmyard when I'm outside doing chores. And I don't know if I'll give him any more exercise. Certainly no more coming when I ride because I'm busy riding and can't watch the dog like a hawk and I don't trust him not to slip off. I may take pity once his cut is healed and walk him or take him for a run with the car 1 or 2x a week, but no more with the horse. I feel guilty about it, which is foolish, I have restricted my riding for ages to accommodate him and previous dogs -- I should just enjoy my excuse to just ride now I finally have a really good one.

I called the electric company today. Haven't heard back. I've had a niggle that perhaps I'm in arrears with them, I was going to have them run power to my lot but changed my mind. There was a "deposit" that was not required before/when they came out and scouted the area and they have NOT billed me, but still its been niggling.

Tomorrow I must call the county, it feels like I should have gotten my tax bill but I have not seen one. I should have called today but me and phones, me and phones.

No comments: