Thursday, February 19, 2009

rode today, but only 3 miles

Thats not too bad --Shade had the dreaded white snot on her nose this morning. LOL, drama queen sentence there. I always used to just shrug off a little white snot in the spring. But after she got sick and then was allergic last year until I took her off alfalfa I'm a bit paranoid. But she felt strong, definitely not the huffing effect she had last year with the severe allergies after being sick.

I am floundering at work this week. I've done a lot of busy work, cleaning disks and pushing data to archives and so on. Needs to be done but I need to update plots for the paper I have to write.

I let Ole come when I road and let him out when I fed --put a leash on him. That seems to help him remember to stay in the yard. But he went out in the diet paddock and looked longingly in the direction of the neighbor he's been annoying. Tomorrow he may get a taste of just getting let into the house yard, I did not think of it today. I'm debating buying some grazier fencing --electrified mesh to put around the paddocks. Wish the damm dog would just stay. He knows he should, and he has the horse fencing to remind him of the boundaries, but he just cant be bothered to control his impulses much of the time. Like too many spoiled people but I don't want to go THERE tonight.

No comments: