Friday, February 13, 2009

Praise the saints I rode yesterday

Well I never say praise the saints. I'm not Irish, more of a skitzo Lutheran (split between dark and sunny) If you didn't grow up in ND or MN that reference probably makes no sense but Keillor had a funny skit on it once on his Prairie home companion radio show.

BUT. I did ride Shade yesterday. I didn't take advantage of decent weather M-W but at least I got one brief ride in for my sanity. I need all help I can get. I should stop following any national political news I suppose. I cannot make my congress critters see any sense and it makes it hard to focus on work. Oh well the porkulus has passed. Perhaps this is the final push I need to invest in my WY land now. I cant see how inflation can fail to follow in a few years. No sense waiting till my savings will only buy 2/3rd as much. I wanted to buy a used laptop today but communications failed with the seller. We were supposed to meet at the credit union. I was 3-5 minutes late ---hey being late is presidential now :P As I was pulling in a blue jeep was pulling out, possibly the seller. Oh well if he was unwilling to spend an extra 10 minutes I guess he didn't really want to make the transaction; and he may have flaked out altogether and the seemingly huffy jeep driver was listening to bad news about the porkulus or something. There are similar laptops advertised on CL every week so no big thing. I hope I'm able to get the fuel tank I called on this morning. Supposed to meet that person tomorrow in Denver.

Hopefully I'll get 2 rides on my 3-day weekend. I should aim higher but 2 rides is passable.

No comments: