Monday, April 29, 2024

Arghhhh, Capitol One

 They called me today to say there is a 57xx balance on dad's card.  I about had a panic attack.   I think they must have canceled the 58xx payment I made onApril 14 to settle his card as well as the 1xx interest + late fee from it not being paid in March because I had started to pay the full balance and then hit cancel thinking it was fine to just have auto pay pay what was due in March but that apparently canceled the march autopay.    I was being soooo good to pay the card balance off before calling them to cancel the card and they apparently have to make things hard.  

If that is not it I am going to be extremely angry at someone or some entity for a phony charge on the card, but right now I am fairly sure that is it.   And Wells Fargo won't let me get into dad's checking online to see what happened.   I am waiting to close the WF checking until I get the insurance switched to my account but I had figured it would be better to do the title transfers before calling National insurance company.

This after I was so pleasantly surprised by how helpful the life insurance company that could not find dad's policy record when I had called a month ago was this morning.   It is a very old policy that is on its 3rd or 4th company and the account #s don't match exactly and I was going off an older # when I called them before.  

No comments: