Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tis but a scratch

Monty Python, Black Knight   for reference if you've never seen the skit or heard the expression enough to get the gist without ever seeing the skit. 

This is my family.  When we are sick, or have a broken foot bone or whatever we grit our teeth and bear it, and if enquired tend to say "oh it is just a little inconvenience, I'm fine."  

This is frustrating with my Dad and his failing health.   "Oh I'm fine, just having issues getting up, and feel tired all day"     And my brother came to see dad when I told him dad is failing and is now sick, but brother doesn't need me to bring him a NSAID to reduce fever or anything.   I made a big mug of ice water and a small mug of hot mint tea for brother this morning to try to at least keep him hydrated.  Hopefully his body is fighting off whatever bug.   

I will have to nag bro a bit and determine if I need to ask the neighbor to run to the airport and drive me home from the rental car place tomorrow.   One of the rare times when I wish I had embraces the smart phone and had lyft or uber apps and had used them and was comfortable using them.  I guess I could install on new phone and go that way, but I closed down my PayPal account after they sent out emails saying they would find account holders 2500 dollars if they were 'spreading disinformation.'    I aint going to have a banking app deciding they get to censor folks. 

ps.   I am really getting to hate the smell of @Desitin.  I think it is helping dad's skin some and I know it has always helped me if I get a bit of rawness in my crotch when I'm doing endurance and just doing the squat to pee plus the friction from riding all day.  I never noticed the smell just using a dab on myself, but trying to coat the whole area where dad's skin is red where the depends contacts I can't seem to get it completely washed off my hands and although the smell doesn't hit hard like the piss smell I don't like it with the long time lingering.   Would be handy to be next door to a CNA or whatever and be able to pay for just an hour or even partial hour to have them deal with it.  With the agency I signed up for it is a 4 hour minimum shift so I won't be doing that every day, but hopefully I can get into a rhythm and have a weekend day off most weeks.  

No comments: