Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The electric bed is now just waiting for bedding

 Sigh,  it would be nice if I had been organized, thinking clearly and bought bedding when I ordered the frame and mattress but in typical w4h style I forgot about bedding until last weekend.  The outfit I ordered from said some early arrival date but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it gets here today, probably Friday at the earliest and now it is holiday crazy shipping season.    I put on the half rails last night.  May need to get extra pillows or foam so they aren't uncomfortable for dad or even need to take them off, but I decided it would nice to have them to hang the remote on.   

I need to run a load of laundry and see if I get leaking in the drain pipes.   The only time I noticed water was after dad showered and sprayed a bunch of water outside of the shower stall.  Even if that was the sole cause I probably need to get someone in to figure that out but at least it will mean I don't have to lug laundry to a laundromat until a drain pipe is replaced.  I just don't want to deal with it.  I don't know if condo living could be for me, but B was wise to buy one and not have all the house and yard maintenance.  

p.s.  The mattress protector arrived today so the mattress could be used,  just need to bring up some throws and pillows.   I don't know how eager dad is to try it out, but maybe I'll try to coax him.  I hope the bed doesn't end up eating space and never being used but whatever.    And the laundry didn't leak water.  I will have to help dad run the shower head next time he decides to shower.  Maybe when the extra bracket come in that will prevent most of the water running everywhere problem.  

No comments: