Sunday, November 20, 2022

I got the electric bed sorted out today

 Yesterday neighbors P and D came over and hauled into living room and set it up but the motor to jack the bed legs wasn't going into the drive shaft that is connected to the foot legs and I couldn't find the right size allen wrench socket head.  There is supposed to have been a manual crank and a wrench in with the head and foot board pieces but I couldn't find them.   I don't know how I could have mislaid the manual crank, it must be fairly good sized.   But I found a set of the allen wrench pieces in the garage today and got things sorted out.    I also ordered bedding to fit which I had neglected to do before.   So that is to the good.

On the bad side I'm going to have to get a handy man to fix the sheet rock in the bathroom where I removed the lower towel rack; plus I think wall is extra thick and the 2x4s are on the porch side.   I guess I can mount grab bars only on the shower head side if dad needs some help to get up and down from the shower chair.  He has GOT to take a shower once in a while and I'd much prefer to get things sorted and tell him he's showering daily; no more sponge baths but I don't expect that will happen.   I don't know how to chivy him into doing shit for himself.  That is where it would be good to have him in a facility with staff that is used to pushing the patients to do stuff so they don't completely lose all muscle and end up completely bed bound.

And still not so much as a text from brother or sis.  I texted sis thursday and then didn't hear when she called me later.  But still, that was 3 days ago.   I did call her in the evening and we talked for an hour; so at least she didn't cut me off like she did  a few times when I tried to vent about work years ago.  I get that my work is eyes glaze over technical; but one didn't need to understand it to just utter sympathy.   Last week I actually entered bro's name into web search in case of a hit for a car crash story.  No matches there.  

No comments: