Thursday, November 10, 2022

I'm just so tired

 I signed up for the home health care aide service but have been punting on picking the first day to have someone come.   Brother came to see dad which was nice but he got sick so instead of being bored and restless where I could ask him to shop or cook he slept all day Monday.  He wasn't asking me to fetch him stuff and play nursemaid but I felt I had to at least bring him ice water and then a mug of ice-water and a small mug of hot mint tea on Tuesday.    And everyone is always "How is your dad doing?"    Well other than being housebound due to his own stupidity in refusing to manage his blood sugar for over a decade he is just fine,  HE gets to sit on his now getting bony arse all day watching TV.   I'm the one who is getting run ragged.   

And the old goat thinks he is doing me such a favor when I sponge bath his private parts and apply fresh Desitin.  Ugghhh.   If I didn't fear the state badgering me if he got septic and died from the diaper rash I don't know that I would do it.  

On a better note, his piss doesn't smell so strong to me lately.   Maybe I'm just getting 'nose blind', but perhaps me handing him his pills twice a day is helping.  Or since I'm not giving him all of his supplements maybe one of them made the urine extra stinky.   Heaven help me.  I can deal with this in winter when I don't have a lot of burning desire to go trail ride, but I'll have to be able to get in an aide AND have some horse buddies that will do day rides if he is still at this level come spring. 

To top things off the electric bed company's delivery service gave me mis-matched for serial # boxes on the bed and two sets of half rail so I got to email them and will have to call them later.   

No comments: