Friday, June 24, 2022

Tanza did 125 miles in 5 days

 We rode 50s on Sat and Monday and 25 on Wed rather than going every day.    The RM found a way to add more gently rolling good footing sections to some trails to make the ride align with minimum org distances without being overly hard.   I think she did a good job with that and will tell her so after she has a chance to recover from the event.  The biggest event is a 75 and 100 tomorrow but I went home after the 5 days of 25s and 50s.   

Tanza was full on reversion to not standing to let me mount on Monday but was decent on Wed. but I definitely need to work on "stand and let me mount" when he is more amped up by riding with other horses.  Standing nicely at home did not carry over when he got all excited or nervous that he would be left behind.  

J and the awesome Calypso did the pioneer, riding 50,50 and 55 on Sat, Sun. and Mon. and riding at a pretty good clip each day too.   They won the pioneer (fastest time) and I think got BC as well, but the vet was waiting for slow horses to complete to do the final BC paperwork so they didn't announce it at the ride meeting Monday evening.  

After our LD on Wed. I put Tanza in the community pen and was just looking at him thinking "he is such a beautiful horse it hurts"    Sometimes I put extra stress on myself thinking "such a great horse, its a pity he is hampered by being owned and ridden by me instead of someone who does this sport better."  But horses don't read the yearbooks or standing updates and I have sure enjoyed the adventures I could do having an athletic horse. 

No comments: