Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Ice ice baby

 I fell off Tanza on Sunday when he spooked at a duck flying out of the irrigation ditch.  Hindsight I should have spent the extra effort to haul out somewhere.   Oh well.  Landed on my right side and my arm is still whinging.   Luckily my monthly chiro appt was on Monday so he was able to fix the joints that were knocked out of place and he explained how icing works to clear the lactic acid from muscles that are still contracting thinking they have to protect the joint.    The arm is much better than on Monday but I think I am starting to get some bruising effect or something as it is still sore, especially if I move it wrong.  I may make a follow-up appointment.  I might need some additional muscle work to release spasms.  

The basement stinks so bad.  I will have to wash dad's bedding today and see if there is some other odor source that needs to be tracked down.  I punted on that washing the last few days, not wanting to wrestle the sheets back on the bed with my wonky arm; plus generally just sick and tired of it but I need to cowboy up, there aint anyone else to do it.   

I also need to call and line up to get hay.  I think I'll buy big squares since our regular grower won't have any stacks.   If I have to haul and stack the hay myself I don't want to mess with small squares that need to be hand stacked.  I've had a mental block on doing this, wishing dad would step up.  LOL, I knew that wasn't going to happen and thinking he should make a cold call is stupid with his crappy hearing.  

*I did wash all of dads bedding including the extra topper that is under the protective mattress cover that should be waterproof because it also smelled.   And swept and swiffer mopped under the bed.   I *think* that has solved the eww, what's that smell for now.    I suppose I should see if its possible to hire someone to come in weekly or bi-weekly to do that.   I suspect not many people willing to do yucky work these days and I'm a bit embarrassed to have anyone see the pigsty house. 

No comments: