Sunday, October 31, 2021

Whew, work accepted my request for religious exemption to the vaccine mandate

I am so relieved that I don't have to within 6 weeks do all the things a termination would have forced.   I celebrated by riding both Tanzaknight and RazzMo yesterday.  The weather was wonderful, thank goodness I didn't let the TV weather prediction that it would be windy scare me off.   And cooked pork chops that I had dad buy earlier in the work and did a load of laundry in the evening.   I had used a packet of Teriyaki sauce from frozen stir fry veggies to marinade the chops and started out to grill them but ran out of propane so had to pan fry them to finish em.  They were ok,  I like em better breaded, seared and finished a few minutes in the oven, but had thought with the last warm day it would be nice to change it up and grill em after marinading.  

I think I'll ask dad if he wants to go out next weekend for his birthday.   I'll suck it up and cook a requested meal if he'd rather.  I halfway wanted to go out this weekend but then thought 'no, I don't want to deal with Halloween crowds, especially on the road.'  I think around here Halloween weekend is right up there with NYE, and St Patty's day for getting buzzed at a bar or party and then driving.  

I am wasting stupid amount of time looking at Duluth Trading Co website, I was thinking maybe I need to just order some more jeans for dad.  He say's he will go to their store site 'when I'm ready.'    but I am ready for him to have more jeans in rotation so I don't have to go "eww, need to wash jeans" when I still have plenty of clean pairs in my closet.  

No comments: