Wednesday, October 13, 2021

I'm tired, especially of living in interesting times

 Supposed to be part of an old Chinese curse.  "May you live in interesting times,  May you attract the attention of people in high places,  like the government.  May you get what you are looking for"

I guess maybe that last one is what is really biting me.  I have wished for the system failures that always come with communism to hit the U.S. quickly in the hope that this increases the odds of a quicker rejection of that horrid system.  

Regular tired because low sleep.   Yesterday I got up early to try to ward off clock failures from IT bringing 2 of 3 prod systems down at the SAME TIME.   I thought they had changed to offset the reboot times by a couple of hours but it was just a one off.   I need to make one thing an HA system, but HA has been very buggy and regardless of that I just think it is STUPID ON STEROIDS to have two out of three prod systems down at the same time on purpose even when it is supposedly just a ten minute outage.

But sundowner Joe may be giving me an extended vacation soon.  I have no idea if HR is predisposed to reject religious exemption requests or will take pity on group managers going "if we lose long term employees Y and Z we will be struggling to meet contract obligations"  In some ways I don't care.  I'll put it in God's hands.   If the exception is accepted I'll keep doing my best for this group.  If it is rejected I'll catch up on sleep first and then figure out whether to scrimp and work on catching up on fencing projects and such or try to create a business or get a new job. 

No comments: