Sunday, October 10, 2021

My foot finally seems to be mostly healed up

 I still get a twinge if it gets twisted a bit but the swelling is pretty much gone and yesterday I ran the chainsaw a lot and hauled branches to the brush pile and heating size pieces to where I store them and only my back was whining that night.   

I think my "PETA the green neo-nazi's will come after people's pets under guise of covid" last week at the end of my convictions musing was over the top.   I don't want to erase it though.   They wouldn't start out with "we are going to seize pets" at any rate.   It will just become difficult to purchase pet food "unexpected supply issues"  and find veterinary services and PSAs to neuter and spay pets become super aggressive with the FNM pushing the narrative for free (well the initial influencers probably get paid by someone.)   

I need to make a list of things I must do to prepare for if/when work denies my vaccine exemption request.  It feels overwhelming, but of course I can do it if I just keep moving forward.  I rode 100 miles last summer I can set up a more secure personal email, switch PayPal to that email from the work email, change to high deductible insurance so I can hopefully afford to keep that.   Get with the program and get screenings and dental that the inclusive HMO insurance covers up to date, and whatever else needs done.   I've just been procrastinating because I don't want to think about it.   A dose of empathy for all the blog commenters that  just caved and got the shots instead of taking a stand.   It still makes me cringe.  Especially ones that were oh so vocal that they had no intention of ever getting this vaccine, but the instant it was a mandate from their state or employer they complied.   I was still on the fence, thinking 'ok maybe at my age I should get the vaccine, I'm not sure about taking ivermectin long term for prevention and some folks don't realize they have covid early enough for ivermectin to be effective.'    But I WILL resist the damned bullying. 

No comments: