Monday, September 13, 2021

Is it quitting time yet? LOL

Maybe I want work to implement a covid vaccine mandate and let me go when I refuse to comply.  But I would miss having the excuse to just sit and type instead of doing hard manual work trying to keep this place halfway decent.   I am a wee bit demoralized that people who were all " I am not getting this shot" folded like a cheap suit the instant their employer mandated it, with no attempt whatsoever to resist for even a week or two.   Perhaps I fear I will just give in myself as well but I am tired of rationalizing going along to get along.   If I give in it will increase pressure on those who have moral misgivings about the shots or higher fears about side effects; plus it will embolden the tyrants to come up with new ways everyone must submit and I'm tired of that BS.  

I did tidy up the base of the tree next to the dividing fence with the neighbors this weekend, and got all the velvet? weed snipped off in one pen that the mower can't get into.  Plus burned more tumbled in dried weeds and some of the household paper trash and did some bits of cleanup of some other velvet weed and Russian Olive shoots at the base of trees. I punted again on running the mower.  Perhaps I am hoping dad will run the mower again, but if he does I'll probably end up annoyed at where he chooses to mow and then feel badly about being so bitchy.   

No comments: