Monday, May 3, 2021

Gray Monday

 The rain is an answered prayer and much needed.  But I am stressed out over stupid work thing that is really not my circus.  BUT still I am on the team, and I don't want to be associated with a lying product. And it feels like this 'new' way of doing the one product is basically just taking the weather model analysis rather than a bit of tuning based on our raw measurements.    Will I resign over this?   Not a high likelihood but possibly.   Stupid wimpy boss what resigned.   S told everyone about this issue, but no one sat the scientist that wrote this bit down and told him "it has to be OUR data even if that has more noise and bias wrt to radiosondes or other reference measurements than the weather anaysis. 

And fundamentally, other than the 'are we even using our measurements for T and P?'  I think its dumber than a box of rocks to be doing a linear interpolating of weather model to the resolution of the our product before optimizing to minimize the error/difference between the model and us.   The weather model is accurate at its levels.  Anyone with a lick of sense can understand that interpolating between model levels can introduce errors where there was an inflection point for T between the levels.   Seems like the optimization should only use the actual model levels for minimizing differences and preserve the higher resolution features from our raw product between those levels.   I can't fathom the why of interpolating a model and then using all those interpolated points versus our raw values.  My guess would be that that was an easier algorithm to write, but I'm pretty sure it is a poor way to do things.  

Rode with B and M and J again Saturday afternoon.   That was great fun.  Sunday felt like I was just chasing my tail.  I need a jig so I can drill 'square' holes to mount my trailer door hinges.   I didn't want to go to store, but needed to get Tposts and diesel for tractor anyway so I also went to Lowes, but they didn't have that jig in the store so now I still need to order it.   Probably I should just call around and find someone to weld the hinges on or see if the local dealer for this trailer brand would install the hinges instead of doing it myself.   But I don't wanna do that.  I want to feel like I can do this.  

I did some hand weeding.  I need to get out the hoe,  there is simply way too much flower bed to hand weed.  I hate to hoe it because its just random flowers, not a nice row and I feel like I might cut off stuff I want but if I want to get rid of some of the grass and gross weeds I need the tool to have any hope of making a dent.   I did also cut down two small elm trees that had died and got them burned yesterday.  Also burned some old snow fence and a wheelbarrow handle.  I did P's trick of just letting the fire separate the metal from the wood.   

I haven't figured out just how to deal with having a feeding area for Tanza now that Bee found out he can just shove and the non hot fencing rope will pop open.   I think maybe I'll just use the hog panels from the deconstructed stallion pen and one corral panel that has a built in gate.   

No comments: