Monday, May 10, 2021

Arghh, I hate electric fence

Totally stalled on my long do list yesterday because my thought of just tying into A's hot wire was shot down by him.   I figured he'd be all for it to keep my horses farther from his fence in that strip.  But nope,  he told me his charger wasn't powerful enough.  That is totally false; I suppose he had worries my quick temp fencing would be grounded somewhere and cause his fence to not work all the way around his pasture.   So I tried to set up to tie into the hot wire dad had put up in the corral a few years ago when I boarded the part draft horse for a couple months.  I could not get juice out of that system.  Arghhh.

Dad has volunteered to 'look at it.'   He's sure he'll find a grounded spot and that will fix everything.  Perhaps he will but I think the dang charger isn't working correctly.  I don't get along with electric fence, I've decided its better to just have tight enough fence to hold the critters w/o the "oh it will bite me if I touch the fence" aspect but its nice to be able to keep the twerps from shoving on the fence so I understand why people who don't struggle with getting and keeping a wire hot use that tool.

I must force myself to do my taxes today.   I don't know why I've been so reluctant this year.  I guess just general hatred of the commiecrats who are in control.  But I need to not paint a target on myself so must gitRdone.  

I still don't know how to respond to the co-workers invite to Carter Lake.  It might be fun to hang out with a few co-workers for a couple hours.  I'm not sure its worth the drive, but I should drive my dang car more.   Saturday I ran to TSC to get fence insulators, had to relearn how to work the wipers and oh yeah, where is the gas cover unlock button.   Plus my driving muscles are so atrophied.  I've been getting sore driving the pickup if its more than an hour to destination.  It was better Saturday driving to Greenland with B, so the chiro adjustment must have helped.   But I get so annoyed with many of the co-workers.  They all have a dozen excuses why it is not their fault or their problem if things quit running.    I've been feeling like Stewart's "Maggie May" lyric lately.   "but I feel I'm being used,  oh Maggie I couldn't have tried any more"  

No comments: