Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Workday blahs.

Ugh, I did something rather dumb at work last night last thing.   Things are set up such that the change did not go through and I realized and emailed "oops, maybe not" to the sys admin email alias right after so no biggie.  And sys admin that talked to me was nice about it but I still feel scolded and like "do I dare do ANYTHING today"

Plus tired and feeling a bit discouraged about home improvements.  I did a bunch of work this weekend, but none of the projects is completed so feels like not getting anywhere.  That is not correct, progress is being made, but such is human psychology.  I know this,  its why Dave Ramsey always tells people to list their debts smallest to largest and attack the littlest one first while making minimum payments on the rest.  Getting that psychological traction of "bill Z is gone,  now bill X is gone, etc is something most folks need to keep going, especially in the early days when its hard to adjust to a different way of doing things.

On the good side.  I sewed a D ring on the back of my saddle pad; tying it to the crupper ring at the back of the saddle does work to keep the pad from working forward.  I tried just using cinch cover at front of pad and that felt like just the right amount of extra, so I can sew shims to the front of the saddle and that should get the fit tweaked.    And I did get a ride on Tanza on Sunday, so did not sacrifice riding completely to chasing all the farm/home improvements.  

No comments: