Monday, April 8, 2019

Fairly productive weekend

The sour note is I was grumpier than an old bear with dad on Saturday when he asked if I wanted to fix fence that afternoon.   Blew up and shouted that no, I wanted him to take neighbor A up on A's offer to help with the fence cuz I was tired after putting hay mulch on grass I seeded last weekend, wanted to ride and then was going to burn brush pile later.    I did have a decent ride on Tanza, I am so blessed that god send this horse into my life.   Also burned one brush pile and roasted my hot dogs, barely (I did not rig or borrow proper camp fire toasting forks and the long grill fork is not long enough for an open brush pile fire.)    Washed on load of laundry.

Sunday I rode Sadie,   raked up weeds in the garden and got them burned,  raked some of the stomped and pissed on hay away from the feeders in the big horse pen.  (darn horses not just eating all their hay, but I have been giving that group the stalkier bales cuz they are plenty fat.)   Fixed some fence with dad so the project would not be so big for him and A on Tuesday.  Also did 2 more loads of laundry, cooked spaghetti and ran the Bissel over mom's chairs that I took out of the shed.  I decided I'm just using these, cuz with bed bugs and flea concerns I don't think folks will buy 2nd hand soft upholstered furniture if the thrift stores even take it.   Plus we deserve nicer chairs upstairs.   I'm throwing away one old ugly yellow chair that the arm broke off.    I had to leave my 2nd brush pile,  the wind kept gusting all day on Sunday.

I also got my grass watered both days and this morning and burned the barrel contents from burn barrel that neighbor P loaned us.   I *will* get rid of some of the bushy weeds, cardboard and small branches around here.  I'll also get another burn permit  so I can get rid of the big pile of thicker branches.   And the velcro strap to hold the saddle pad from slipping forward when riding Tanza is working great.   I was feeling bad about forgetting to do it over the winter but at least the pad did its working forward thing on just a short ride at home and I got it fixed now before doing 25-50 mile ride with the issue.

No comments: