Sunday, December 2, 2018

I like my new rasps

Thursday I went to go work on Frosty the mini's feet and could NOT find the mini nippers.  I was nearly insane with frustration, finally I just rasped on his front foot.   Friday I found my nippers in the alleyway of the mini pen.   I went in with a rake because that was the only place I figured I had not searched so thoroughly I could not have missed the rasp.  I glanced down before making one pass with the rake and the nippers were right there.  They were not rusted yet and I used them on Frosty's hind feet on Saturday.   Today I took the TmMonster rasp to B's hind feet. 

 When the rasps arrived I found that the monster means a wider rasp.   It did do a good job.  I got mad early and whacked B when he was yanking his foot away from me right away and good old stock horse mind he straightened up instead of getting scared and wild so I was able to do a fair amount, I was limited by only having the rasp, I had not even grabbed my hoof knife but the sharp rasp did take a fair amount off,  I rasped quite a bit on his very long toes.   I was going to do Mojo instead, take care of our own horses overgrown feet before worrying about the boarders horse,  but Mojo would not let me catch him this morning so I decided to dink on Bs feet a bit.  He's a good little horse, I don't want him to end up lame because DL's back is not up to doing much.

 But I don't know why she hasn't just delegated the hoof maintenance to the twins;  at 17 either one of them could handle it and M and B are mostly their horses, its not like the horses are DLs so she doesn't want to make the kids do the work of them for that reason.  I'm not involved enough to know but I think R puts on a woe is poor little dainty me act and J is fairly busy working a regular job as well as high school.  But I don't know and I may be projecting onto R from the people around me in my HS and college years.  

No comments: