Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Did I speak too soon?

I am feeling edgy again today.   I cannot imagine why my boss suddenly wanting good results from project that was dropped because I couldn't fix it so they went and hired an orbital expert who comes in November puts me out of joint /sarc.

I am wondering if response to my email was just a diversionary "oh yes,  I understand your feelings" gambit.  But I do know that he was going to cut out the problem by making the group "flat" but the former group boss who was moved up to managing program talked my direct boss out of it.  And big boss had a point,  if group was completely flat my boss would have to spend too much time on the PITA CYA paperwork that HR demands.  But big boss was probably also protecting feelings of his long time friend and refusing to admit making any mistake w/ making friend the supervisor for software development.

  They need to get pink elephant out of the way of the software/tech wizard.  They could leave him supervising me,  have the new hire 'supervise' the young software team (tell her she just has to do the HR crapola,)  the team members are very self directed and don't need management except to get the elephant out of the way to the extant possible.  He is a problem for never wanting to get on board with things we HAVE to do because we signed a contract that we would have IT security and whatnot and it makes it hard for the ones who have to develop stuff when the stubborn employee who is dragging their heels on getting on board is called their supervisor.  

I guess I do have to say minerals are helping though because I don't feel quite as edgy as I would have last week.   Still god bless the inventor of sudoku.    Focusing on the little numerical puzzles helps me get over emotional angst and be able to do work again.

I am tempted to run up to ride in WY this weekend.  I had thought I would skip it, because its a long drive but I am feeling like I could use a change of scenery.


No comments: