Friday, September 2, 2016

TGIF

Well kind of,  at least there will be no work crap for 3 days.   And next week at work should be smoother with all the PITA bosses gone.   I suspect they are viewing me as a very PITA underling, but dragon lady has to dragon.   I  WANT the group to survive and I have serious concern that it might implode if some changes are not made, changes the bosses are reluctant to make.  

But it is lonely to be the dragon.  No one dares challenge me, but there is no comaraderie.   And I self-inflict wounds with doubting, wondering if I should have bit my tongue and so forth.

But I am a survivor and I WILL come through this.   The most they can do to me anytime soon is non-renew my position and I might have some free time while eligible for unemployment benefits and I can always cashier or drive truck to pay bills.   To do a fire with cause they need a long paper trail of warnings and shit or a serious offense.  Its always easier for them to go "oh dear, your position is being eliminated, sorry we have to lay you off."

I'm feeling blue because I didn't get a health certificate for Tanza and talked myself out of going to the ride this weekend because I thought I might be asked to have a sit down meeting with bosses on why/how etc to work changing the position/duties of the problem senior software person.  But they blew it off.  They are probably hoping I'll drop it by the time they get back.  I am concerned that the frustrated and super talented junior software engineer may decide that things are not going to get better and leave if the management doesn't act.

I also thought I would get more done at work generally and not so much.  Oh well.  I'll have time next week, with no one in the office to come with new demands.

No comments: