Monday, June 22, 2015

weekly riding journal update

Monday June 15 rode Tanza miles
Tuesday rode Sadie 5 miles
 W-F  various errands did not ride
Sat rode Tanza 5 miles
Sunday did not ride,  Hot and had accepted invite from Dad to go to fathers day picnic at his rifle club and shoot at some clay pigeons after their event.
Monday Jun 22 rode Sadie 5 miles.

Tanza's allergy shots are going well.

I pulled 1 p/u bed and 3 tractor buckets of noxious thistles out of pasture.  Unloaded p/u this morning.   Gag,  I had some old dog food and whatnot in the p/u bed that got wet and rotten over the winter.   I may ask dad to burn them so I don't have to babysit the fire and can spray goat heads that are trying to take over the big horse pen.   I want to mow pasture.  Maybe mow now and then again in 2 weeks and take horses off it at that time and spray the dam weeds.

Need to get the skid steer guy out to clean horse pens cuz with tilling pens, mowing, and spraying weeds that job is not going to get done by me or dad.  

Wanting to manage the weeds and grass like I own this place is proving to be a whole lot of work.  Life was easier when I just took attitude of "just renting, what do I care if parents are crappy at managing the place with mom spending 100s of hours to plant and water flowers while letting big things fall apart and Dad gone trucking and lazy on his days off"  

I keep thinking that if I just get the goat heads licked one year they will not be such a time sink to control in the future but I kind of wonder if I'll ever get there.   I sure wish I had sprayed the pasture with a pre-emergent herbicide this spring.  Maybe I can do it next year.  

No comments: