Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I hope we retain enough Celtic roots to stay free

Not sure if Celtic is the right group ID, but I've been reading more historical fiction the last few years and what seems to come through is the Brits were never inclined to just accept being ruled.   The monarch had to be respected and the Brits seem to have ignored laws that were too binding.   The Romans could not tame them and I don't think British nobility ever had a malleable peasantry such as it seems existed in France,  Poland, Astrian/Hungarian/Prussian empire.     I may be wrong since my history knowledge is still quite weak but I do have the impression that even in the days of monarchy the British kings had to mind their Ps and Qs and not piss off their subjects too much.

So with that musing I do hope we have enough ornery Scots/Irish/Anglo ..... blood left in this country to tell the growing bureaucracy to STFU and get out of the way before it is too late.

No comments: