Friday, June 26, 2015

riding journal update

Rode Tanza 4 miles on Tuesday.   He was more anxious then he has been lately but we got through the ride.

Rode Sade 5 miles on Wed.   I came off when she did a sideways spook.

Thursday took them to the acupuncture/chiro vet.   Sadie was better, traveling evenly on her feet and stuff but still touchy on her back.   Tanza was needle shy but got a little blood injected to help boost his allergy shots.

Today I only sprayed weeks, did a bit of laundry and picked up my car before work.   I actually feel better about the possibility of defeating the goat heads as they were present but not thick at all in mini's alleyway and not real thick in ditch and still not bad in Grey and Shades pen that I can see.

I am torn between wanting to haul out to do a better conditioning ride vs attacking the weeds hard this weekend.   I need to see if I can wrangle enough hoof boots that I could take both Sadie and Tanza and pony or have dad pony one and I ride the other on Sunday or if I ride Sadie on Saturday I think I'd take Tanza so he sees some new stuff before Shamrock.  Sadie was doing fairly well last year and has been exposed more.


No comments: