Monday, June 29, 2015

riding journal update

I rode Sadie Saturday about 5 miles.   I did a figure 8 on 1/2 of road 35 and road 6 to the ditch do get a bit more hills with a short ride.   She did pretty good.

Sprayed twice too and made supper did laundry usual stuff that has to be done, plus took off my punctured tire from the vet trip off the little trailer.   That was a SNAFU to get off.  First I ran up on the trailer jack before loosening lug nuts.  No biggie.  Then the flat tire was so flat and the lug nuts so tight that the tire was just spinning.  Ran up on 2x6.  Tire still spins.  I do not want to drag heavy air compressor out.  Ran up on 2 2x6s.  Top one wants to slip out.  I am able to get another bit of board and stand on it and get 3 nuts loose  -- with the use of 6 foot cheater tube slipped over the wrench.  Finally ran the flat tire up on the trailer jack and got the remains nuts loose.

 The tire is damaged.  I thought I could fix it and use only as a spare but maybe I will replace it with prepper mentality in mind as I do think that some table shaking may happen soon with the global economic house of cards collapsing.   I also got my big trailer hooked up so could haul out and ride Sunday.

Sunday hauled Tanza and rode with Dad on RazzMo.    I was moving slow and dad was moving slower and no help whatsoever for getting going, was after 12 when we finally pulled out from our place.  

A slow ride but very good mental training for Tanza and showed me I need to use smaller hoof boots on Tanza's front feet this weekend.   It rained when we got to the top of the mesa for about 5 minutes and was a bit of thunder mainly to west but a bit overhead cloud to cloud.   But then it cleared up and we had a nice ride.  I had made appointment to see chiro to fix shoulder neck from coming off Sadie on Wed and realized riding that I was also very stuck in my lower back.

We just got home and didn't even get horses unloaded and it started raining and was pouring so hard before we got horses unloaded that we just left them in trailer for 15 minutes till it slacked off.  Stupid Sadie and CJ sat in the rain because their buddies were in the trailer and not back in pen to so in the shed with them.   I am thankful that it did not rain hard for any longer than that.

I sprayed goat heads this morning and then showered and went to chiro to fix all the stuck spots.   Drove to brewery w/o stopping in office since I was late for the planned celebration and no one was there.   They decided this morning to postpone until Wednesday cuz project manager is closing on house or something this morning.    They may have even actually called to let me know but my phone battery is dead.  I doubt they did though as they think everyone can do email on their cell phones but I'm being a luddite and refusing to get a smart phone.  I don't want apple or google tracking my every movement + fat fingers and teeny touchscreen "keyboard"   + older eyes I don't think I would use the "smart features" anyway.

 Trying to remember how and typing on the touchscreen to see emails on the office smart phone I had for being on ops over weekend would have been as slow as swinging by office.

I am leaning towards not going to the ride in Shell next weekend.   I don't enjoy driving and I'd be stressing about all the weeds not getting sprayed at home and whatnot before we will be gone for 3 weeks.  It just does not feel worth it just to show Tanza some of the trail for next year when I want to enter the long ride.  I'm clinging to the belief that if I can just keep after the goat heads this year I will be able to control them next year with 1/2 or less of the spraying and will have a lot more time to play with the horses and be conditioning for endurance riding.

No comments: