Friday, May 1, 2015

Rode Sadie Wed and Tanza Thursday.

Skipped the other days with week with errands and being generally slow in the mornings.

Sadie was pretty good,  we went 4 miles with quite a bit of canter.  I felt nicely in sync with her.

I was running late and not in mood to lead Tanza while he sped in front and kept making me turn him in a circle when he turned so I hopped on near home.   Riding went fine,  he was a bit of a brat and I growled and kicked him and he went better.   I think he has gotten past being overly nervous so riding him and working through stuff is probably right now unless there is a commotion I need to get past on the first road stretch.   I actually only went about 2.5 miles with him as I was running really late and decided to turn around before he decided it was scary ahead and I had to work him past whatever because I get to decide when we turn around + not rush away.    I taped him today and he has gained 40 pounds since being wormed so getting a lot of extra feed in the mornings is working.   He is looking pretty good too.  He needs another 20-40 pounds over his back and rump but the weight gain is coming along nicely.

No comments: