Monday, April 27, 2015

Rode both Tanza and Sadie on Saturday

I almost whiffed riding Sadie on saturday because it got gray and a bit windy but I knew it was supposed to rain on Sunday and the wind let off a bit.   Ended up having a nice enjoyable ride, did only go 5 miles instead of bumping to more of a conditioning length ride but quite fun.

Really enjoyed Tanza on Saturday morning.  I'm still leading him out the first .4 miles.  I'm using the excuse of needing to get some walking in on weekends anyway but mostly it is just a nice way to avoid stress.   Once I got on he wanted to canter right away and I was 'ummmm.... yeah we can see how this goes I do like to canter'    I did slow to a trot when we got to the downhill slope because I don't want to find out if my balance is good enough to handle a downhill crow hop.    Trotted a bunch on the way out and then walked heading back because he was willing to trot out, then was a bit worried that some boogie was behind him and than when he relaxed and wasn't feeling like he was wanting to rush away from a boogie I decided relaxed walking was a good thing anyway.  Then I asked him to trot and he offered canter instead up the gentle hill towards home.

 He is a lot of fun and has gained 20-25 pounds according to the weight tape since I taped him to get the wormer dose a few weeks ago.   He needs to gain at least another 25, maybe even 50 but its moving the right direction and gradual gain is safest.

Sunday it was indeed rainy, I think we got 1 to 1.5 inches over the 24-30 hours from Saturday middle of night to monday morning.  I did a bunch of laundry and treated myself to a Sarah Hoyt novel.  I have not quite finished it , decided I could savor the last bit and be happier than if I stayed up extra late and started the week being tired.    Finished up Quicksilver early Sunday morning and decided I'd read some fun shorter and faster novels before starting on 2nd book in the series even though I really enjoyed the side dish of history and character descriptions of various 17th century  math/scientists or natural philosophers as they called themselves.

No comments: