Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Need to resume posting

Even if it is only short riding diary snatches.  

On that front I had 2 good rides on Tanza last week.  He is acting more relaxed going out solo and I am gaining trust in him.  I'm still keeping to walk/trot to keep things calmer but have had some good, longish trots.

Sadie has been a ping pong ball a lot lately but I know there is no blow up after the sideways jumps so am enjoying riding her regardless.  She was better Monday when I rode her, not perfect but not as many side jumps.

Sunday it was chilly and windy all day and I just read for several hours.  I should decide I can read in a disciplined way and read an actual book for a few hours every week.

I am 4.5 weeks into my I will jog or walk every M-F.   I've been a bit more brittle in mood, not sure if related.  It does feel like its becoming a habit.  I'm trying to decide on skipping Weds. to give the knees recovery time or go every day for the mental habit reinforcement once the 6 weeks are up.

I bought 4 pairs of tennies yesterday at Payless.  Hopefully that will hold me for 1.5 years or so, I hate making a special stop to buy shoes, even at Payless where its easy to find the sizes I need and no irritating clerk hovering insisting I should buy ladies extra wide instead of just using men's and then having to run to the back because they only have the cute teeny sizes out for display.  Monday I noticed the pair I was going to wear had one shoe ripping across the sole,  I didn't want to try to use them and have it rip clean thru and leave me hobbling home on my jog.  Tossed them last night.   Wore one new pair a bit in office last night and they are so comfy.  The intact old pair is going to become infrequent in the rotation if that comfy feeling holds up with the new shoes.

No comments: