Wednesday, May 20, 2015

nervous about hauling Sadie and Tanza to ride

I'm not feeling like I have such cold feet I'll abort going but I definitely am feeling nerves.  I used to always take Grey or Grey and Shade out of trailer to eat grass and offer them water which they would never drink when I was hauling to a ride but I'm not comfortable to do that with these 2 and no other person along to help reload them and make sure they stay safe out of the trailer.  

It is not a super long trip so they should be fine so long as I give them some wet mush in the trailer but I'm still a bit nervous.  Plus nervous of are they ready for the riding and camping when we get there.

However I really want to get back into endurance and I really really want to break out of my rut of staying home, just taking short field road rides and doing housework on the weekends and resenting the cooking and laundry chores.   So I decided to take the day off work to pack before my hauling so I can be more prepared with wet mush handy,  get an earlier start with them etc.

I did get rides on them on the weekend.   Rainy weather has not helped but has not completely prevented riding for me.   Forecast for the ride location is nice and for home is at least some rain so that tips the scale to "lets go"

No comments: