Sunday, May 10, 2015

Took a quick ride on Sadie on Thursday

It was not the vitamin H break in a rainy period it should have been because she ducked and I lost a stirrup and would have stayed on but she was spinning.  I  had one rein pulling her into the spin and could not get re-combobulated to loosen that rein and snug the other one and ending up hitting the ground on my back hard enough to knock the wind out of me.

But she got exercise that day and I wasn't hurt so we will resume next week as the ground dries out.  The horse pens are sloppy messes.  I'm so annoyed because I just paid to have the skid steer guy out a couple months ago and would have been happy to pay more that day to have him dig out more crap and replace with sand vs having to have him out again already but in fairness to dad supervising for me I have tended to not want a lot of loose sand sifting into what the horses eat and since I thought it was going to be a dry spring following the dry winter how should he have guessed correctly.

Its just so annoying to feel like I should run the tractor as soon as pen is dry enough to allow when I desperately want to get the hell away from the house doing some horse camping on some weekends before I let my "I'm NOT a damned volunteer cook and char woman" feelings overwhelm me.

So today I'm in the office so I can take a day off during the week when weather is nicer, and that will be Wednesday when vet is coming for health certs and giving rabies vaccine shots to my 2 allergic youngsters that I was holding off on vaccinating in case the vaccines stirred up allergies and I will go to WY for memorial weekend ride with the not terribly fit horses and then to Texas ride that I have a free entry to and its 3 days with intro rides so I can take Tanza on a shorter distance.  I don't know what I'll do in WY, just ride him one day, or enter and see how he does and not worry about pulling or what, its an excuse to get away.


No comments: