Monday, December 15, 2014

Not doing much journaling lately.

Almost my same post as last week.  I rode Tanza on Friday 12th.  He was a stubborn redhead  --sorrel horses are often called red horses and his coat and mane color are close to my red head hair.  I'v got over 4 decades more experience at being a stubborn redhead and he didn't do anything very scary so we did the ride I had planned about 1 mile out and back plus all the backing and circling that Tanza initiated.  On Saturday I rode Sadie about 5 miles.  I have got to contact someone to trim her SOON.  I keep thinking I'm good with just using the gal that trimmed her last time but not contacting her.  I suppose my subconscious may be helping me forget because I'm a bit leery of the other half of the tag team that came out even though she did a good job on Sadie and the other horses she trimmed.

Saturday I was trying to get something ready for my boss and found I had a big mess with how I was doing some clock solutions.  Yuck, I feel like an idiot for not doing comparisons to known good clock solutions, and was tossing and turing a bunch saturday night even though I know from experience that those sleepy thoughts are very rarely useful for me.   Today I think I'm making good progress getting that straightened out.

I made sweet potato oven fries for the first time last night.  Pretty tasty so I think I will cook the other yams I bought this same way.   I also made meatloaf with mushroom sauce.   I used about twice the chorizo I would have needed with the very lean ground deer meat so it was pretty greasy but it was tasty.

I am not going to cook anything just for dad anymore.  Well I didn't much anyway but he snacks and snacks whether I've got real food started or not.   So if cooking real food only improves his crappy diet a tiny amount then I am only cooking when *I* want some real food to improve my crappy diet a bit so I don't resent the time and effort spent cooking.    I think dad is missing mom and a bit depressed,  he has watched two Victor Borge specials on PBS the last two Sundays.   He may a bit just be filling in until the sunday night football games and avoiding 60 minutes just because I get so crazy watching that stupid propaganda anymore but I'm thinking the classical music bit reminds him fondly of mom and Borge is funny to watch even w/o catching all the inside music jokes.  For that matter watching football as much as he does is a bit of a mom thing too.  Dad liked football OK but was not into watching nearly as much as mom was.

We have not put up any Christmas stuff yet.  I think I will ask him to help me get some stuff down and do some decorating.  Mom was the one in the family that had a fair amount of childlike wonder with halloween, Christmas etc although she never was one to get decorations up very early she got a kick out of cute Christmas decorations, buying Santa on Harleys,  a fun light up snowman etc.  But I do like to put up the outdoor nativity scene she had bought and see it when I come home from work and will do a bit of extra decorating to see if I can evoke some good memories and chase away my grinch tendencies.

No comments: