Monday, February 25, 2013

Redneck approach to snowy driveways.

I guess Kansas got a genuine pretty big snow storm and will get more tonight/tomorrow.    We had some snow and some wind on Sunday.   DIA got 9 inches.   I think we probably got less, maybe 6, its hard to tell when we have the wind as well.  Giggle of the day was listening to the evening news and hearing the them over hype it as a BIG storm, "certainly not #1 but maybe in the top 5"   Maybe in the top 5 of only the last few years LOL.    We may get another couple of inches tomorrow. 


Today Dr Mike was out and floated Sadie's teeth.    He did find a little ulceration on her left cheeks from sharp tooth edge(s).    They were not terribly bad,  I told him "yah, she may be a bit of Princess and the Pea" for discomfort stuff.   

I drove the pickup to work today.   It had been 3 weeks so I ran it to work Friday, then today the car would likely have high centered if I tried to just take it and I have adopted dad's redneck philosophy wrt to snow shoveling/blowing.    If the pickup can get out then there is no reason to mess around with a shovel or trying move snow with the little tractor loader and we don't get enough snow to mess around buying a snow blower.   I ran the pickup back and forth a few times to make a packed snow lane for the cars to go over rather than just a pair of ruts.   With a little bit of melting the Saturn should be fine tomorrow with its studded snow tires. 

No comments: