Thursday, February 7, 2013

Going to try to ride Sadie 3-4 times a week

I rode her last friday,  tuesday and today.   I'm going to have to stop skipping on nice mornings.  We'll probably get some winter days in Feb and March.    She was pretty good on Tuesday and I am getting some anticipation back of "she could be a very good horse for me."    She is so balanced/strong.   OMG it makes me grin when she trots down a hill and I'm asking her to keep a slow pace, feeling her back round up and the way she can maintain that bit of collection downhill.    She also doesn't seem to get as rattled as Shade although she still does the green horse stuff.

Today she was less cooperative,   but we did get a ride in.  I was able to keep horse side down, saddle side up and convince her to go pretty much where I wanted.    She just needs more miles so that it becomes automatic that I get to decide where we are going and I will occasionally let her offer input and then sometimes tweak the route based on that input but only when I think it makes sense. 

No comments: