Sunday, November 25, 2012

Need to stop burning daylight

So why am I typing instead?   I'm falling into trap of waiting for L instead of just riding and she can join if she makes it out.   She's probably burned out from driving etc and is not going to make it today but I need to take advantage of lovely sunshine.   Yesterday I skipped riding because it was overcast and felt kind of cold and damp and dad was going to the Wild Animal Sanctuary to give them a check for donations folks included in sympathy cards after mom died.

  TWAS was pretty cool,  I enjoyed it, the only cloud was thinking how much mom would have enjoyed it and she never made it over there.  You always think there will be plenty of time to see stuff that is near where you live.   If we had known they were so set up for visitors and with wheelchair/scooter rentals might have made the effort to go.  I was thinking I didn't want to take the time yesterday when I've been feeling time squeezed but it was very much worth the time.  Might even take visitors over there if we get any.  

But I did decide that I should probably gift the bulbs mom had ordered to someone.  Sis had said she might take some but she didn't :(   (I forgot to ask her when she was here both trips)    But they will probably be fine if she plants in spring except maybe won't bloom this year.    But they will be a burden not a gift to me if I carve out time to plant them and then have more pressure to keep flower gardens watered and I am not going to do that to myself.  Better they go where they will be enjoyed rather than resented.  

No comments: