Saturday, November 29, 2008

brrr, glad I rode yesterday

Today it was cold and snowy this morning. Sunny now, but I'm at the office. Sometimes I really hate computers. We have to use a security wrapper to access any work cpu's from home. Somehow that wrapper is messed up. I can use it and connect to the main gateway, but then it blocks other internet traffic so I can't pull up the work email, or connect to a work cpu to launch a job or ...... So I drove 30 miles to the office because I needed a few jobs launched, even though I'm not in the mind frame to really work. Blech. I'll have to get the sys admin to work his magic on monday. Hopefully its not a bear for him to set things right.

But yesterday the sun was shining and I had a nice ride on Shade. She was not wanting to run, which is a bit odd for her, but I went with the flow and practiced sitting deep and heavy to cue slow from trot to walk and barely had to use the reins. It is good practice for me to do some body language work like that once in while. At the end of the ride I asked her to play 'trail horse' and let me get the newspaper and mail. She was pretty good. I would have got dinged in a class for her not sidepassing up to the box, in fact we had to circle a couple times to get close enough but she had no worries about the plastic covered paper. RazzMo was more spooky of it when I played that game with him on wednesday, so I had to forget about grabbing the mail as well with him. Shade was better about the mailbox after she realized what I was up to. She's a good mare.

No comments: