Thursday, August 1, 2024

we are finally getting our OS updates done

It has been a long drawn out process and when I thought we had things licked and were ready to go go go the big boss got cold feet and insisted on a bunch of comparisons with the old OS.   Some issues were found and corrected and some issues were found with old software so it was not quite wasted effort to do the comparisons but I was beginning to feel like he was going to make us fail our mission with the cold feet.  

Now I should push ahead with the new orbit software but I'm having trouble motivating myself both for work stuff and home life.   I'm still fairly paralyzed not knowing whether I just need to make a push to get to know people and get roommates and stay here or make a clean break.   I'm scared of moving,  I have a hard enough time networking here.  Moving to a more rural state where there aren't many people might result in me really ending up in a spiral of everything falling apart because of not getting maintained.  But if my great next door neighbors decided to move I'd feel very adrift here AND would be in an idiotic blue state that penalizes success through hard work and turns a blind eye or even abets junkies and thieves. 

No comments: