Saturday, August 17, 2024

I need to try disconnecting the starter battery on the prius

 That is the last thing to try before I have to involve an actual mechanic.  I am so bummed that I bricked the darn thing.   But if I have to junk it that is not going to break me, its just a PITA. 

P.S.  I got a spark trying to get the battery off,  my awesome mechanic neighbor looked at it for me after putting some big squares for his cows in my empty little hay shed.  The folks built a big hay shed so we could just get stacker loads several years ago so that is where my horse hay is.

Neighbor diagnosed it as the blower motor for the hybrid battery is not coming on and the car won't run at all when that blower won't start.  So car might need a new blower,  part is about $200 or there might be short that could take a lot of work to track down.    L and her DH were walking their dogs last night and they are interested in taking the car and he was like "oh I know how to do electrical things on vehicles"  so hopefully they will take the car and it will be easy for him to fix.   

No comments: