Monday, February 26, 2024

Ugh, Monday Monday

 I set up an appointment to have dad's care checked out, hopefully fix whatever is making the check engine light come on last week, stupidly forgetting that JP takes Mondays off.   But I figured 'oh well,  L comes in on Mondays and I can see if they can work on the car right away and maybe finish it in a few hours while I hang out in Fort Lupton, and if they need it overnight I can probably get a neighbor to pick me up or rent a car or something.'     So of course this is a rare Monday where L is a no show.   She hasn't even sent a text that she is sick.    I forced myself to put on my big girl pants and call the repair shop to reschedule.  No huge thing,  I will have to pay whatever penalty for renewing the registration late but such is life.

I was telling JP I'm probably foolish to keep the Prius as well as the rabbit and he expressed interest.  He would take the  Prius in lieu of most of his payment for helping with dad.  He wants to sell his Focus and get an SUV and figured if he could also sell the Prius that would work well for him.   I will have to think about taking him up on that.  

Dad is weak with another cold type virus.  I may have to just roll him back and forth in bed to get him cleaned up and prop with a pillow to have his pills and tea and breakfast.   I should text sis that he has this virus.   If it doesn't escalate it will be better for her to keep the plan to wait till April to visit, cuz dad recuperates slowly anymore.   But I do have to let her know he has the virus in case it does escalate. 

No comments: