Saturday, February 24, 2024

It is going to be a beautiful weekend

 I texted B last night.  Didn't ask about riding, just how was she and Taj.  She responded back asking about  me, dad and Tanza and I told her I have started having live in help and we are all pretty good.   She came back with that is good that I have lightened my burden.  But no "so are you free to meet at trailhead X and ride" or anything like that.    So I'm trying to decide if I will just go ride by myself tomorrow.  

Well I thought I noticed low wind speeds when I checked the forecast yesterday but it is gusting pretty good.   At least I burned the household trash earlier before the wind started.  Maybe I shall shlep to town after all.  We aren't absolutely out of stuff but some things are a bit low.   Its too bad I hate to shop. 

I rode Tanza Saturday in the paddocks and today I rode out on the road and field roads.   I had been nervous to ride out of the paddock at home and had quit doing it.  But today I figured since I rode some yesterday I'm happy to just ride at a walk and it will good for us.  And it was fun.  Tanza did get pretty animated but he was controllable.   Maybe I'll get my riding mojo back.   Keep the speed slow riding out and canter and trot longer stretches in the paddocks and swallow my foolish pride and ask B if she wants to ride together on weekends.   

No comments: