Sunday, February 4, 2024

I must pray for better communication skills

 Especially when I am tired I am so whiffing on communications with the aides.   I've got to improve in that area.

But at least I am getting braver about having people come in.  Perhaps it is an overall good that the home health company did not work out.  Forcing me to grow a bit.  

Next week is the regional convention.   I whiffed on pre-registering and will have to force myself to go; but the forecast is still not good riding weather and I need to network with riding people and get inspired to start riding with more purpose by the ride opportunities.  

So hopefully JP or the other aide that has expressed some interest can be here on Saturday.   I thought I'd give JP a short briefing and go off to ride today unless I rode yesterday based on extended forecast that I had not checked back on.  I was so bummed last Thursday morning to get the work mo-cast that it was going to snow Friday night right about the time I was going to text B to see if she'd like to meet somewhere to ride.   But it is ok, gives me a better evaluation of JP.    He seems good so far, might a bit overly restless with down periods that happen between bits when dad needs something but he dived into vacuuming the floor, and I had him take the tree down.  

I mostly whiffed Christmas.  I tried, got the tree set up.   Had not bought a gift for dad but wrapped up his WW2 knife, thought I'd see if he remembered buying it.  But he slept all day Dec 25th, ignoring the box; so I never did have him open it.  

No comments: