Thursday, September 14, 2023

Put in an 'ad' on care.com a couple days ago

 I am ready to leave the aide service or cut way way back on using them and only fill in some when a regular caregiver couldn't cover certain hours where I want to be free.  I'm so tired of not knowing if I can really just be gone for a shift I have someone coming in for, or will it be someone who doesn't know the system and then one aide I feel like will throw away all my stuff if I'm not here to stop her.   That isn't quite true but she is a neat freak and has thrown away my water bottle that I was soaking in bleach to re-use;  ran the dishwasher for only a dozen dishes,  take all the trash liners out when she is here even when they are practically empty and there is nothing smelly in them and other stuff that is just 180 from my 'use something up' mentality.   I know little trash liners are cheap, but still what purpose is served by throwing out one day's worth of trash unless there is something smelly in it?  

And they can't even replace Dad's Telfa pad on his back if it gets wet, dirty, or is coming loose because they "can't apply medication" most of them won't even put apply the zinc oxide anti-rash cream for that reason.   Theoretically if I was not using a salve as well as the pad they could and would, or could put on just a pad but I don't trust any of them would do it.  

And I feel so rejected when one was signed up, but drops us.  I know I should not take it so personally in this day of pampered young twits that don't want to deal with any icky stuff at work and with us being a long drive yada yada but I haven't managed to convince my stupid emotions to just shrug it off.  

Finally called the young gal in the neighborhood that has a background in senior care and she is coming on Monday so I called the service and left a message to cancel this Monday's shift and told them I probably would drop all Mondays.   I am a bit nervous of the neighbor because she is very young and very liberal; but she is close; she is bored with being at home with no job and she has the senior care background so this could be very win win for both of us.   I don't want to drive her away with politics but I may try to plant a seed about how corrupt the system is and how neither party wants to let anyone who has independent viewpoints instead of the IVY group think have much say. 

No comments: