Sunday, December 11, 2022

I'm still punting on communicating

 I don't know what my mental block is on sending a text or making  a phone call.   Fear of rejection for reaching out to buddies about riding is part of it; but I punt on making a simple appointment and stuff like that too.  Perhaps its partly from hearing my recorded voice from a low quality tape recorder decades ago.  Cringe worthy squeaky excited school girl pitch or tone or whatever.   But I have got to get over it.

I finally replaced two fence posts in the paddock I have Tanza, Lady and CJ in yesterday and put the sagging wires up on some other posts.  The fence looks passable now.   The weather was lovely and I wanted to be outside but I didn't feel like trying to take a longer ride so that project was just right.   My right arm and shoulder were whinging loudly last night but seem pretty well over it now.  Thank goodness for arnica cream and ibuprofen.   I also took a short little ride on Sadie.   I was half chilled riding even though I put on a nice dry sweatshirt before catching her so I cut the ride super short but at least I got a little saddle time.

Dad is getting around better with the walker and the tray I got for it, I no longer feel so anxious running a couple hours of errands in town.  But I still need to either get a senior care person out at least every other week or line up some other housecleaning assistance.  I'm trying to be more efficient but I don't come close to keeping up and it shows both visually and nasally.  I don't feel like I can ask the neighbors to come over to eat greek food and have dad give the kiddos  the stuff he bought them with his Cabalas card points without getting the place in better order but I'm too tired to keep the house decent all the time to be ready on short notice if they texted X evening would work for them. 

The senior care place was supposed to be set up for auto pay from dad's checking account but they sent an invoice with a note that the auto pay had been rejected.   I need to text the coordinator and see if that can be straightened out.   I thought it was just a record of the autopay and didn't open the envelope for over two weeks after they sent it.  BOA never did get set up with a login.  They had said they would mail a temporary password and I never saw that envelope.  I may try to just switch dad's cell and directTV payments to the Cabalas card so there is just no activity on the BOA.  I was late seeing their bill and writing a check for dad to sign so he'll get a late fee penalty and then I used the monthly due w/o interest, noticed when I put the check in the envelope to mail it and just decided to let it be that way.  

No comments: