Monday, December 19, 2022

Bless his heart

 Dad just offered to take me out to eat somewhere for my birthday.   NO WAY, I'm not going to risk injuring my back trying to get him out of a vehicle but bless his heart for trying to be nice. 

p.s.  Dad fell in the bathroom last night and I had to call the neighbor to get him up.  I have got to see if I can find the gizmo I swear I saw online and didn't buy several weeks ago that was a chair that would sit flat on the floor and then could be jacked up.   Possibly I could get Dad off the floor with that.  I don't want to mess with a Hoyer lift, I'm sure its footprint is too big for it to be workable in this house. 

pps.  Found the gizmo.  There is a 450 dollar version that I bought instead of the nursing home versions that cost 4-5 times as much.    MAIDeSITe Electric Chair Lift | Get Up from Floor | Floor Lift | Can be Raised to 20” Help You Stand Up Again | Weight Limit 300 LBS | Item Weight 30 LBS

Sold by: Maidesite-QB.

The downside with this chair lift is it has no arm rests to help standing up.  But I think from 20 inches I could maneuver the walker close enough and help dad up.  There is just no way I can get him up from the floor.  

No comments: