Friday, August 12, 2022

Run Free Bee

 My boarder horse Bee had a displaced colon Monday.   At 27 years old he was not a candidate for surgery so his owner and I didn't have to decide whether to take that very expensive gamble.  My wonderful veterinarian gave him more banimine from my initial dose plus a sedative so he was comfortable for a few hours and owner could come out to say good-bye and I could let the neighbor know as well.

 I'd been inviting the neighbor kids to ride him and Lady this summer.   So on the plus side Bee got lots of extra attention this summer.  On the negative side, the poor kids are only 6 and 9.  If I had known they'd end up with the grief I probably would have had them keep swapping riding Lady or experimented early to see how CJ would do for them instead of using Bee, knowing his owner used to put kids on him fairly frequently when her life was less busy and her kids were younger and involved in scouts and such.     Oh well go with Garth Brooks lyric.   "its better off unknown"   

We had just a couple tenths of rain last weekend.   It was enough to sprout a bunch of goats heads burrs.  Oh well, at least I'm WFH, and have spray to get after them.   I coaxed B into riding with me this weekend.  Texted her last friday and she had other plans but did offer to ride with me this Saturday.   She is a sweet person.  I'm still tending to feel like "Waah, you, or you and K are the only ones willing to ride with me this year? so I couldn't tag along with whoever you rode with last weekend?"  Which is dumb, she may have skipped riding that weekend.    Between 'I have to find and get hay', pickup break downs, the extra hot weather this summer and Tanza's and my less than perfect trail manners, I haven't done much riding this summer.  Oh well, maybe fall will be better.   I'm still planning to go to GC.  If I have to drop down to shorter rides or can only ride a couple days at least I'll have enjoyed some of the trails.  I've been wanting to do that ride forever and circumstances never seemed right,  need to go cuz the ride may go away.  


No comments: