Monday, May 2, 2022

Brrrr, it is chilly today

But at least we did get about .3 inches of rain overnight.   1.3 or more would have been much better after over a month of bone dry winds but every bit helps.    I need to decide whether to plan on just riding solo on saturday or try to connect with someone else not going to Walsenburg and just fall back to solo if no one is interested.   I am finally feeling at peace with the plan of just doing a day ride on Saturday even if neighbor would be able to find the issue and fix Big Blue Beast by midweek which is highly unlikely.  

After all I do still have a wee bit of chip on my shoulder to this Walsenburg RM after she accused T and me of cheating for points about 5 years ago when I had to pull on day one and then missed a turn on day two and T didn't make herself a good enough note and ending up listing me as completion only on the pull day and placing on the day I was off course and only eligible for completion.   Well I suppose accuse isn't quite the correct term.   RANTED at me for most of a loop riding together the next year before I got it thru her thick skull that I didn't check the ride results until the end of Nov and had corrected it then.  "Oh I would never complain to RM or the org", OH NO ---  just rant at me for over an hour on how it wasn't proper.    Plus she was propagandizing for the clot shot last year.  

 Boy that made me hot.   She hadn't caught that I had a completion showing on the day I had told her I had pulled while riding together earlier in the day but was just making an assumption that the RM was doing me a favor with placing points on the day that was supposed to be completion only.   I couldn't figure out why she thought the RM would do me any special favor.  I wasn't part of the hundred mile riders who are a tight knit group,  RM didn't breed Tanza ...   I don't think the RM would even do that kind of favor for one of her close friends, probably  not, even if she didn't reject the idea immediately out of personal honor,  would still decline because of the potential blowback from some points chaser; but to think she would do such a thing for me who isn't even in the RMs inner circle was sooo insulting. 

No comments: