Friday, May 20, 2022

This week has been better for me

 Partly because B took pity or whatever on me and rode with me on Sunday.   I would have liked to ride 17 miles at Spruce, she wanted to ride only the meadows.  I suggested she graze Taj so I could ride up the service road for hill work so we did that compromise.   She would have been OK with me doing the top loop as well I think but I wasn't wanting to try to ride it at training pace alone with all the hikers.  

I have also been taking St. Johns Wort.  They say up to 3 pills/day and I've been taking one.  The label has a photosensitivity warning so I suppose I should see if I notice an issue if I stop it but I can also just take care to always use sunscreen.  

I've been riding Sadie this month.   I rode her down the road Wed morning, first time riding her out of paddock in ages.   I rode Tanza in paddock on Thursday morning.  I probably would have been OK to take him down the road but there were some pretty good wind gusts, though not steady winds and I was nervous.  And other than I probably don't ride for nearly as long when riding in paddock it works pretty well with Tanza.  He is pretty energetic even riding in the paddock.  

No comments: